Friday 25 February 2011

Back on track

Glad to report I'm back on track now with the running.


The Achilles is just tight and lacking spring now. In fact both Achilles have been tight. As I was off running for around 5 weeks I would expect at least that to get back on track.


So I'm on 5.5 miles. I was running on the treadmill to warm up first then go out but I've decided I want to just get straight out there and run.


Its looking like I will be getting faster over the next few weeks. I just need to be careful my thigh strength which are at full capacity(ie not injured) don't outrun the recovery pace of my lower legs and tendons.


This is one of the things I have improved on. Its an awareness where there is a weak point. Just because you have the power and strength to run much faster doesn't mean you should. Especially coming back from an injury.


Also the running mechanism does change up a bit the faster you go. More strain on lower limbs and ligaments.


I'm just enjoying the whole experience right now. Given a beautiful day I just want to get out there and run.


I've entered a race that's in Brighton. Its a barefoot event and has sparked some interest already. It kicks off in May 1st.


Having never attended a race before I suppose I need to either have someone to hold my stuff or run with a rucksack.

No comments:

Post a Comment