Sunday 10 October 2010

Timex H2Z272 Mens Ironman Triathlon Digital Sport Watch


5.0 out of 5 stars
 
Perfect watch for my needs, 10 Oct 2010
By stephen Luff (Worthing, Sussex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)   
This review is from: Timex Ironman T5E261 Triathlon 100 Lap Watch with Flix System (Watch)
I was looking for a watch that complimented my run/ walk method that I've been using recently to overcome a niggly illiotibial band problem. I found this watch by chance on youtube. The one I got from ebay was a yellow bezel. Yellow's in for me at the moment. I bought it from this user(wrist-wear) on ebay which came in days..http://bit.ly/drIqVL
On the video it was specifically using the watch for the run walk system. Lets say you run 4 minutes then walk for a minute. you can set it to loop on those two times beebing at the end of each one. So initially when I bought it I was going to use that method. However in practice with only 9 split countdowns available it didn't work out for me. As I go well over that with a variety of different split times throughout my run. This was no deal breaker for me though.
 What also intrigued me about the watch was it displayed the total run time and the split time for the lap. Also that is switchable. So I've placed the split time in the centre with big display and the smaller time displays the total time run. I'm not bothered by continually checking my time so I can live without the beeps. I always run with my mp3 player anyway. 
Having done one run with it for 90 minutes I found the watch fantastic for my purposes. The watch also lets you store your run time plus all your split times as well. Over 78 times can be stored with the date of the run. 
A bonus for me was I realised I could use the watch in the pool as well. I didn't buy it for that purpose but it had that ability. I don't swim competitively but I found it most useful to know my lap times. Today for instance I decided to time my butterfly for the 33.5 metre length. I was curious to see how close it was to my Total immersion swimming freestyle. It was quite comparable.
 Also in the pool I decided to try a technique for backstroke I'd seen at the commonwealth games. I noticed a wider sweep with a more pushing downwards towards the feet type of stroke. So I timed my normal lap for backstroke and then the new technique. Well lets just say I was pretty pleased to shave 30 seconds off the time!! I also timed my 20 laps of freestyle. I noticed as I warmed up the lap times kept coming down. Up to today I had no idea this was going on. I then did a kind of stalking timed lap. I'd seen this lady in the pool for ages and she really flies with her breaststroke. So I was curious to see her time. So that was interesting as well. I've not worn a watch for years recently. I'll just say mobiles phones. But I really like my watch so I've been wearing it everyday since I got it. 
Curiously I watched another video about a timex ironman watch and the presenter said he knew of two top CEO's wearing the ironman watch. He found that rather telling as they could have owned any highly expensive watch instead. The flix function to get the nighttime light to come on is quite vigorous. A dodgy wrist(me) won't like it. Fortunately its only a button push away. I've just had a play with it now. If you've perfected the kung fu wrist flick( try hanging a piece of paper from the ceiling and then do a snap backfist on it to perfect it), it works consistency. The standard time display is large and clear. Some related products to this review: 

Running Until You're 100 Run/Walk System 

Easy Freestyle Swimming [DVD] [2008] [US Import]

No comments:

Post a Comment